Voortman Plate Processing Machinery
Efficient plate processing capability
Voortman offers precision plate processing solutions to the heavy plate industry. Machines are equipped with High-Def plasma and a high speed servo driven drill for drilling, tapping, counter sinking and marking of parts. Voortman’s plate gripper feed system eliminates inaccuracies that are seen in roller feed machine designs caused by the edge condition of the plate. The capabilities and speed of Voortman’s plate processing machines culminate to form the most profitable plate processing machine available to fabricators and manufacturers of steel plate.
- Plasma cutting using True Hole Technology and automatic height control
- Oxy-fuel cutting for cutting through thicker material
- Carbide drilling using synchronized servo drives
- Independent gantries provide simultaneous drilling and cutting operations
- Layout marking by milling of part numbers, contours and tracing lines
- Vertical clamp keeps plate in position and prevents drilling vibrations
- 25 position tool changing system
100% FULL AUTOMATION
Voortman’s VACAM software provides full automation from start to finish. Once the material is laid on the infeed cross transfers, it’s path through the entire line of connected machinery is controlled entirely by the automated system. This level of automation eliminates human errors and inefficiencies made by machine operators. VACAM is an open platform allowing an API to exchange production information between VACAM and ERP/MRP packages. End users can monitor production times in real-time. Production data is saved so that it can be compared to bid data.